Monday, March 31, 2014

::Rodeo Round-up:: #rodeohouston

Let me show you what I feel like right now ::akfhdajkdfbakhfyurgbfhbadnbfdgf:: NON-SENSE.

I know.

Organization.

Words.

Updates.

Where have I been?



Well, the Rodeo was in town and let me tell you Houston had gone wild. I had an awesomely busy time. I live for it. I love it. I stop all else, even housework {good excuse huh?! ::wink wink::}, and for weeks at a time, I devote all my "free time" to Volunteering at the Houston Livestock show and Rodeo. It all start with what we call the "BIG 3", which is the kick off weekend before rodeo.

We were on Great Day Houston; it's my second time on the show and I love it so much! We got to meet Deborah Duncan, she is so funny and you can tell that she works hard at her job every day. Making Television happen is a complicated thing and her staff is young and very talented you can tell they enjoy their jobs as well! Always a good experience... 




I love our Committee and our Team the Zipper Snappers! The team Captains are so amazing and knowledgeable. They encourage us and keep us informed. With their help I met my goal to raise over $15K in funds for scholarships; I love what I do. Needless to say Rodeo had just gotten started and I was already exhausted.

I only went to two concerts this year, it's so exhausting and I live a bit far from the Rodeo grounds...but we saw Usher and Robin Thicke...definitely worth the sleep deprivation!!






Rodeo is always a great time to meet new people and make new lasting friendships. It is a lot of work but I never regret it! Volunteering has always been a part of my life and I hope to lead by example in my family and that my children will one day be as involved as I am.



No comments: